- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x, 5.0.x, 5.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
This message is reported in the event viewer:
Corrupted Data File deleted cstat cstatd 150
What does it mean?
The statistic cook daemon uses several check routines to keep the consistence of statistics files. If a file is erroneous, the daemon will delete this file and Event ID 150 will be displayed in the event viewer.
The question is: Why are statistics files corrupted? There are only two possibilities:
- The box was shut down (power off) while writing the statistics into a file.
- Either harddisk or filesystem has an error.
1) The box was shut down (power off) while writing the statistics into a file.
- Check CPU and MEM statistics for irregularities in the records.
- Check Status GUI in phiona for uptime.
2) Either harddisk or filesystem has an error.
- Consult "Log" > "Box" > "System" > "klogd.log" for harddisk error messages.
- Consult "Log" > "Box" > "Statistic" > "cstatd.log" for "clock skew" messages (many entries).
- If you use an IDE harddisk use command "smartctrl" on command line for checking purpose
smartctl -a /dev/hda