- NG Firewall firmware versions 4.2.x
- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
The Barracuda NG Firewall installation breaks on a VMware ESX-server with following message:
No hard drives have been found. You probably need to manually choose device drivers for the installation to succed. Would you like to select drivers now?
You can see a trace output at the background.
A wrong harddisc controller is choosen in the VMware settings.
Follow this steps to solve the problem:
- Stop the VM.
- Open the "Virtual Machine Properties" >"Edit Settings"
- Select the "SCSI Controller" and click the button "Change Type"
- Change the SCSI Controller Type "LSI Logic" to "BusLogic"
- Close the Menu.
- Start the VM and perform the installation again.