- netfence firmware versions 4.2.x
Howto install netfence 4.2.x on VMware ESX server
A short Step by step manual about the installation of phion netfence at a VMware ESX server:
- Copy the "netfence gateway installation" iso-file to your ESX server.
- Open the phioni and create a kickstart disk (for installation with cdrom + floppy) and save the files to a local directory at your workstation. If you want to install the netfence with a par-file, so please copy the par-file into the same folder.
- Create a floppy-image (using winimage eg) and copy the floppy image to your ESX-server too.
- Create a machine at your ESX-server and mount the iso-file as CD-drive and the floppy-image as Floppy-drive.
- Boot from CD and connect the floppy image.
- Press enter and install the netfence.