- NG Network Access Client versions 2.0-SPx
- Entegra Client versions 1.0-SPx, 2.0-SPx
When using netfence entegra 2.0 with the 802.1x feature the following hints can possibly solve or avoid arising problems/issues.
Check out the following solution:
00005285 (https://campus.barracuda.com/solution/50160000000IKbGAAW) - "NG Access Client 2.0 with 802.1x - Cisco 2960 switch configuration example" if you are using a cisco switch.
Check out the following general hints if you encounter problems:
- Take sure that EAP protocol and 802.1x is supported by your switch, if necessary update the firmware on the switch.
- On the NG Firewall system check the firewall access cache. There should be a listening socket on UDP 1812 and UDP 1813 because of the radius component of the NG Access Service, named "servername_servicename_radius". Of course this service is only available if the 802.1x component on the NG Access Service has been activated.
- Also check that these 2 ports are not blocked by the firewall. This traffic should be local in (LIN) traffic.
- Check the radius log on the NG Firewall system and the switch.
- Check the NG Access Client advanced configuration in the NG Access Monitor. 802.1x must be activated here.