All Barracuda NG Firewalls, Firmware version 5.2.x
1) Click on the Control Tab in the upper left hand corner of NG Admin.
2) On the secondary option panel that appears beneath Control, to the right there will be a tab called 'Box'. Click on Box.
3) Hit the dropdown on the option to the left labeled 'Operating System'
4) Click on 'Install Update'
5) A prompt will appear for you to select the firmware download
a)You can download the latest firmware from login.barracuda.com
b) Click support in the upper left
c) Click on Access Downloads for products on the right hand side
d) Select NG Firewall from the drop down menu
e) Find the 5.2.4 upgrade package and download
6) Select the 5.2.4 update
7) The box will proceed with its update, when it comes back up it should read 5.2.4. Keep in mind that a manual restart may be required.
1) Log into SSH with root (It is in the same panel as Status, Config, Control all the way to the right)
2) At the command prompt issue 'cd /var/phion/packages'. This will take you to the packages directory.
3) There is an option button at the top of the screen called 'Send File', click this.
4) Select the 5.2.4 firmware and send it to the directory.
5) Issue the command 'phionUpdate'. Keep in mind the 'U' in update is capital.
6) The box will run through its update process. As in the other method, a manual restart may be required.
Link to This Page: