All Barracuda NG Firewalls, All firmware versions.
The SSL VPN service operates on port 443. On the NG Firewall we also have a default setting that reserves port 443 for the VPN server and can block the SSL VPN page from being accessed. To turn this setting off, do the following.
1. From NG Admin, navigate to the Config tab, then to Full Config
2. Navigate to Box>Virtual Servers>?Server Name?(typically S1)>VPN-Service>VPN Settings
3. Lock the screen
4. Click ?Click here for Server Settings?
5. Change ?Use port 443? from Yes to No and click OK
6. Send Changes and Activate
As mentioned in the title, this can also effect any other application that is meant to be listening on port 443 of the same IP as the VPN service?s listening IP. If traffic destined towards the same public IP the VPN is listening on, destined for TCP 443, is being blocked, this could be the issue.
Link To This Page: