All Barracuda NG Firewalls, all firmware versions.
Increasing IPSEC log levels can be extremely useful for troubleshooting IPSEC tunnels, both client-to-site and site-to-site. To enable this feature, do the following:
1. From NG Admin, navigate to the Config tab and switch to Full Config
2. From here, navigate to Box>Virtual Servers>?Server Name?(typically S1)>VPN-Service>VPN Settings
3. Lock the screen
4. Click ?Click here for Server Settings?, then navigate to the Advanced tab.
5. Open the dropdown for ?IPSec log level? and change it to the level that you would like, with 0 being the default and least informative, and 10 being the highest and most informative.
6. Click OK once you?ve selected the log level you would like.
7. Send Changes and Activate.
Bear in mind that increasing the IPSec log level will increase the load on the box as it can potentially log a vastly larger amount of information than the default settings. It is generally best to temporarily increase the log level while troubleshooting, then changing it back once finished.
Link To This Page: