Configure LDAP (Active Directory) synchronization on the Configuration > Directory Services/LDAP page. Before attempting to sync with LDAP, create a directory group that contains only your telephone users. The added group must be a universal Security Group as other group types are not supported. Verify that your LDAP database is up-to-date.
Synchronize Users and Groups
Once you create and verify a telephone system group, you can begin the synchronization process using the following steps:
- Log in to the Barracuda Phone System, and go to the Configuration >Directory Services/LDAP page.
- Click Select Server, and enter the Domain, Bind Username, and Bind Password in the associated fields.
- Click Find Servers:
- If the Barracuda Phone System finds one or more LDAP servers, select one from the drop-down list.
- If the Barracuda Phone System cannot find an LDAP server, you can configure the LDAP server using one of the following methods:
- Manual Configuration
- Active Directory (Manual Configuration)
- E-Directory (Manual Configuration)
- OpenLDAP/Generic (Manual Configuration)
- When manually configuring an LDAP server you can specify the UID, and group member attributes.
- Click Save Server Settings. The Barracuda Phone System connects to the LDAP server.
- Once connected to the LDAP server, drill down to select your group, and then click Synchronize Now. After the synchronization is complete, go to the Configuration > Extensions page to verify users have been added to the system.
User and Group Extensions
When adding users to the system, the Barracuda Phone System uses the first available extension number for each user and group that is added.
Remove an LDAP Synchronization
To remove an LDAP Synchronization, click Remove LDAP Synchronization. This removes all synchronized users; manually added users remain intact.
Click Contact Search Synchronization to import all contacts into the Barracuda Phone System from the selected Active Directory source for use in the Communication Command Center contact search feature. Mobile, office phone, and external numbers are included for everyone discovered in the synchronization source, regardless of whether their groups are selected in the Select Synchronization Groups section.
Change Synchronization Server Settings
Click Change Connection Settings to change or update server login credentials.
Manage Deleted People
Click Manage Deleted People to review and un-delete previously deleted synced users that might have been deleted by the administrator on the EXTENSIONS tab that were previously synced from the LDAP server.