After initial installation, configure and customize your Barracuda Phone System. You can configure your settings in any order, however some features are dependent upon other system settings. For example, you need a working telephone to test outbound calling, and you need a defined extension (for example a telephone assigned to a user or automated attendant) to test inbound calling.
To complete your customization, collect the necessary details for your environment; following is a list of typical details you need to get started:
- Gather telephone user names, email addresses, and extensions.
- Identify user groups, for example, sales or support.
- Document automated attendant needs.
- Gather configuration details for your telephone provider(s).
- Identify necessary special features such as queues, conferences, day/night routing, etc.
Use the articles in this section to customize your Barracuda Phone System based on your organizational needs.
In this Section