This article refers to Barracuda Phone System and Polycom® phones.
Provision the Phone
Polycom phones are best configured via the phone itself. Use the following steps to configure the phone:
- Boot (or reboot) the phone.
- Press Setup. Before the countdown finishes, enter the Password 456.
- Scroll down to Server Menu, and select Change Server Type to HTTP.
- Change Server Address to http://x.x.x.x/provision/ where x.x.x.x is the Barracuda Phone System IP Address.
- Press Exit repeatedly until the Exit Option menu displays.
- Select Save & Reboot, and allow the phone reboot.
The phone will reboot several times and display various messages about updating BootROM, formatting the file system, etc. Allow the phone to finish updating before assigning it to a user.
- After a phone is provisioned by the Barracuda Phone System, its password changes to 2832.
Reset Factory Defaults
If the phone fails to provision, reset its configuration with the following steps:
- Press Menu, and select Settings > Advanced.
- Enter the default Password 456.
- Select Admin Settings > Select Reset to Defaults > Select Reset Local Config.
- When prompted, select Yes.
- Allow the phone to reboot. This may take a few minutes.
You can now re-provision the phone.