This article refers to Barracuda Phone System 2.x and 3.x, except where noted.
Arrange sound files into categories and music files into music on hold (MOH) schemes that are played to callers in queues or from automated attendants (AA) on the Configuration > Sounds and Music page.
- Click the Sound icon to work with sound files and categories.
- Click New Sound Category to define a new category for sound files.
- Select a sound category name to upload sound files, record sound files, or to rename or delete the category.
- The Barracuda Phone System supports MP3 files and WAV files with a 20MB size limit. Click Upload a Sound to add a sound file from your local computer.
- Click Record a Sound to have the Barracuda Phone System call your extension and prompt you to make a recording. Enter your extension number and the name of the sound file, and then Click Call Me. Your phone will ring and when you answer you will be prompted to record a sound. This is very similar to leaving a voicemail message.
Once a sound file is uploaded or recorded it has a number of options:
- Delete – Delete the sound file from the system
- Rename – Rename the sound file
- Move – Move the sound file to another sound category
- Play icon – Play the sound file on your computer’s speakers
- Stop icon – Stop playback
- Download – Download the sound file to your computer
You must have at least one sound file on your system to create an Automated Attendant.
Use MOH to work with music files and schemes.
- Click the Music icon to manage music files and schemes.
- Click New Music Scheme to define a new scheme.
- Select a music scheme name to upload music files or to rename or delete a scheme.
- The Barracuda Phone System supports MP3 files and WAV files with a 20MB size limit. Click Upload Music to add a music file from your local computer.
Once a music file is uploaded it has a number of options:
- Delete – Delete the music file from the system
- Rename – Rename the music file
- Move – Move the music file to another music scheme
- Play icon – Play the music file on your computer’s speakers
- Stop icon – Stop playback
- Download – Download the music file to your computer
As of firmware version 2.6.5, the Barracuda Phone System supports streaming music on hold with Shoutcast streams. Only MP3 encoded streams are supported. Click Add Stream to add a new stream to a music on hold scheme. Enter the name of the stream as it is to appear in the user interface and the URL of the stream, for example: http://relay.181.fm:8052/
When using streams for MOH it is best to have a single stream per MOH scheme. If you have more than one stream on an MOH scheme, the first stream must finish playing before the next stream begins. Some streams are continuous and therefore never "end." You may also wish to include a WAV or MP3 file in an MOH scheme along with a stream. If so, add the stream first, and then the sound file(s). If the system loses connection to the stream it will play the local sound files.
Once a stream is added there are several options:
- Delete – Delete the stream from the system
- Rename – Rename the stream
- Move – Move the stream to another music scheme”