Use diagnostic tests available on the Configuration > Diagnostics page to identify common network configuration problems affecting call quality or system stability to assist with troubleshooting and support. Each test includes the following elements:
- Run – Check this box to select a test to be run. All selected tests will be performed when Run Selected Tests Now is clicked.
- Description – Test description.
- Last Test Completed – Date and time that the test was last run.
- Status – Displays test status: Passed, Failed, or Some Failed reflecting the test result.
- Details – Display additional details, if available, by clicking on the Show/Hide link.
To run a diagnostic test,
Select one or more test from the table, and then click Run Selected Tests.
- Once the test is complete, each test’s status updates. If any test fails, click Show/Hide to see details and possible remedies. The following tests are available:
- Storage Space – Checks available storage space for firmware, voicemail, and the system as a whole.
- Database Integrity – Performs a database integrity check and notifies you of any concerns, directing you to contact technical support.
- Ping Default Gateway – Performs a simple ping test between the Barracuda Phone System and the default gateway. The ping time displays in the details.
- DNS Resolution – Performs a DNS resolution test for each SIP provider whose host is a domain name. The details view notifies you if NAPTR or SRV records are not set up on the domain name in question.
- Provider Ping – Performs a trace route for each SIP provider on the system. If the ping fails, a trace route displays along with some suggestions on possible solutions.
- NTP Association – Tests the Network Time Protocol server configured for the system.
- Inbound SIP Calls – Tests the firewall to make sure all the necessary ports are forwarded.
- Outbound SIP Calls – Performs the following tests on each SIP provider:
- Create A Provider – Verifies a provider can be added to the system.
- Register to Diagnostic Server – Verifies the registration process using a Barracuda Phone System diagnostic server that is on the public Internet.
- Outbound Call – Makes a sample test call through the Barracuda Phone System diagnostic server.
- Two-Way Audio – Confirms that media (i.e. audio) flows in both directions on the test call.
- Jitter – Measures the jitter on the test call.
- Remove A Provider – Verifies a provider can be removed from the system.