This article explains the basic operation of the Polycom IP-450 device.
- The four buttons immediately below the LCD display are soft keys.
- Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above it.
- Soft key behavior is context sensitive – the action associated with each soft key changes according to the current phone state.
Place a Call
- Enter the desired internal extension or external number.
- Lift the receiver or press the speakerphone button to call.
- To access voicemail messages, press the Messages key to the right of the keypad.
Depending on your system configuration, you may be asked for your voicemail passcode.
Last Number Redial
- Lift the receiver.
- Press the Redial button.
For speakerphone or headset use, press Redial without lifting the handset.
- To place a call on hold, press the Hold button.
- To resume the call, press Hold again.
- To transfer a call, press the Trnsfer soft key.
- Dial the destination number and then press Send.
- When the destination party answers, announce the caller, and press Trnsfer again to complete the transfer.
- To transfer a call, press the Blind soft key and enter the destination number.
- Pressing the Send button connects the remote party to the destination, disconnecting yourself from the call.
Ad-Hoc Conference / 3-Way Calling
- Place (or receive) a call.
- To add another party to the call, press the Confrnc soft key.
- Enter the destination number or extension and press Send.
- When the destination party answers, press Confrnc again.
- All parties now join a 3-way call.
Do Not Disturb
- To enable Do Not Disturb mode, press Menu, then select Features, then select Do Not Disturb. All calls go to voicemail.
The phone display indicates that Do Not Disturb mode is active.
- To resume normal operation, select Do Not Disturb again. The phone receives calls normally.
- To enable call forwarding, press the Forward soft key.
- Select the type of forwarding to enable, then select a destination.
The phone display indicates when call forwarding is enabled.
- To deactivate forwarding, press the Forward soft key, press the forwarding type, then press Disable.
Ringer and Handset Volume
- To change the ringer volume, when the phone is idle, press the (–) or (+) button at the bottom of the keypad.
- To change the volume of a call, during an active call, press the (–) or (+) buttons to adjust the volume of the handset, speakerphone, or headset, whichever is active.
- To browse the phone contact list or call lists, press Menu, then Features, then Directories.
The call lists show missed, placed, and received calls.
- When entering a destination with alphanumerics or special characters, be sure to pause momentarily between key presses. For example, when dialing **<ext> press *, pause for a moment, press * again, then dial the extension.