This article explains the basic operation of the Cisco SPA 500 Series family of devices.
SPA 509G Phone
SPA 501G Phone
SPA 508G Phone
SPA 504G Phone
- The four buttons immediately below the LCD display are called soft keys.
- Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above it.
- The soft key behavior is context sensitive – the associated soft key action changes according to the current phone state.
Place a Call
- Enter the desired internal extension or external number, then press the Dial soft key.
Last Number Redial
- Press the Redial button, to the left of the 7 key.
- To place a call on hold, press the Hold soft key.
- To resume the call, press the Resume soft key.
- To transfer a call, press the More soft key, then press the Transfer soft key.
- Dial the destination number, then press the Send soft key.
- When the destination party answers the call, announce the caller, and press Transfer again to complete the transfer.
To transfer a call, press the Blind soft key and enter the destination number.
- Press the Send soft key to connect the remote party to the destination, disconnecting you from the call.
Ad-Hoc Conference / 3-Way Calling
- Place (or receive) a call.
- To add another party to the call, press the More soft key, then press the Confrnc soft key.
- Enter the destination number or extension and press the Send soft key.
- When the destination party answers the call, press the More soft key, then press Confrnc again.
- All parties are now joined in a 3-way call.
- To end the conference, press the More soft key, then press the Split soft key. Both parties are placed on hold, ending the conference.
- To enable call forwarding, press the Forward soft key.
- Select the type of forwarding to enable and select a destination.
- Press the Enable soft key.
- The phone display indicates when call forwarding is enabled.
- To deactivate forwarding, press the Forward soft key then press Disable.
Ringer and Handset Volume
- To change the ringer volume when the phone is idle, press the volume up and volume down buttons at the right side of the keypad.
- To change the volume of the handset or speakerphone, during an active call, press the volume up and volume down buttons.
- To toggle mute on and off, during an active call, press the red mute button.