This article explains the basic operation of the Yealink T41 and T42 IP telephones.
Yealink Model T42G
- The four buttons immediately below the LCD display are soft keys.
- Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above it.
- Soft key behavior is context sensitive – the associated soft key action changes according to the current phone state.
Place a Call
- Lift the handset, press the speakerphone button or headset button.
- Dial the number, then press the Send soft key.
- To redial the last number, press the RD button twice.
- To view previously dialed numbers, press the RD button once and then use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the list. Press the Send soft key to dial the highlighted phone number.
- To access voicemail messages, press the Message button.
Depending on your system configuration, you may be prompted for a voicemail PIN number.
- To place an existing call on hold, press the Hold button or the Hold soft key.
- To retrieve a call on hold, press the Resume soft key.
If multiple calls are on hold, press the appropriate line key before pressing Resume.
- To transfer a call in progress, press the Tran or Transfer soft key.
- Dial the destination number, then press the # key.
- When the destination party answers, announce the caller, then pressthe Tran or Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
- If there is no answer, press the Cancel soft key, then the Resume soft key to return to the original caller.
- Place (or receive) a call.
- To add another party to the call, press the Conf soft key and then dial the destination number, then press the # key.
- When the destination party answers, press the Conf soft key again.
- If there is no answer, press the Cancel soft key, then the Resume soft key to resume the call.
- When your phone is idle, press the Menu soft key, then select Features > Call Forward.
- Select Always Forward, enter the destination, then press the Save soft key.
- To cancel call forwarding, select Always Forward and the Switch soft key.
- When your phone is either ringing or idle, press the volume up or down keys to adjust the ring volume.
- During an active call, the volume control button changes the handset volume, speakerphone or headset, whichever is active.
- To view missed, received, or placed calls, press the History soft key.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to choose between All Calls, Dialed Calls, Received Calls, Missed Calls, and Forwarded Calls.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the list.
- To dial a number, highlight it and then press the Send soft key.
- To delete a number, highlight it and press the Delete soft key.