This article refers to Barracuda Phone System firmware 3.1.002 or higher.
Day / Night provides more flexibility to end-users to change Advanced Call Router call flows without being constrained to administrator-set ACR time of day or day of week rules. The Admin user or other users who are a member of a group with the Switch Mode or Administrator permission enabled can change the current system mode on the Configuration > System page. Additionally these users can also change the system mode from Day to Night or vice versa by dialing *663 from their telephone keypad.
Consider the following scenario:
- During Day mode the phone system should deliver calls x100, a group of users, and if the call is not answered, send the call to a x200's voicemail
- During Night mode the phone system should deliver calls to an outside call answering service at 18005551212.
- John Smith at x300 should have the ability to change the system mode.
In order to facilitate this scenario you first configure the Advanced Call Router for Day/Night mode:
- As a admin user on the Extension > Advanced Call Routers page, click Create Advanced Call Router.
- Provide a ACR name in the Router Name field that is meaningful to you (i.e. Main Inbound)
- In the Default Action Set name field type Night Callflow.
- Click Create.
- Click the Add a Rule button. In the Time/Number Rule column, uncheck the (All Modes) checkbox and then check Day.
- In the Action Set column, leave the drop-down set to (New Action Set) and type Day Callflow in the empty text box to the right.
- Click the Add button.
- Click either Manage Action Sets buttons.
- Click anywhere on the Day Callflow row. Then configure this action set per the scenario:
- Click the Create an Action button. From the Action column drop-down box select Try Calling an Extension. Select the Extension widget, type 100, and then click the Add button.
- In the Final Action section, in the drop-down box labeled If the call is not answered select Transfer to Person's Voicemail and in the Extension widget type 200.
- Use the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to navigate back to the Manage Router Action Sets. Click anywhere on the Night Callflow row. Then configure this action set per the scenario:
- In the Final Action section, in the drop-down box labeled If the call is not answered select Transfer to Extension or Number and in the Destination field type 18005551212, and then click the Add button.
Finally you configure the Group extension to allow mode switching:
- As an admin user on the Extensions > Groups page, click Create a New Group.
- Provide a Group name that is meaningful to you (i.e. Switch Mode Group), select Single Extension from the Extension Type drop-down, type 100 in the Extension field and then click Create.
- Click the Add a Member button and in the Select a Person widget, type John Smith or 300 and then click the Add button.
- Cick the Add a Permission button and then in the drop-down select Switch Modes and then click Add.
Effectively, when night mode is enabled, the Day Callflow action set will never be used and the phone system will default to the Default Action Set ('Night Callflow'). The Barracuda Phone System, out of the box, has the system mode set to Day. If you wish to change the mode John Smith can select the system mode on Configuration > System or by dialing *663 from his telephone keypad.