If your Barracuda Phone System experiences a serious issue that impacts its core functionality, you can use diagnostic and recovery tools available at the reboot menu to return your system to an operational state.
Before using the diagnostic and recovery tools, try the following:
- Use the built-in troubleshooting tools on the CONFIGURATION > Troubleshooting page to help diagnose the problem.
- Perform a system restore from the last known good backup file.
- Contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for additional troubleshooting tips.
As a last resort, you can reboot your Barracuda Phone System and run a memory test or perform a complete system recovery, as described below.
To perform a system recovery or hardware test:
- Connect a monitor and PS/2 keyboard directly to your Barracuda Phone System.
- Reboot the system by doing one of the following:
- Click System Restart on the CONFIGURATION > Troubleshooting page.
- Press the Power button on the front panel to turn off the system, and then press the Power button again to turn the system back on.
- The Barracuda splash screen displays with the following three boot options:
- Use your keyboard to select the desired boot option, and press Enter.
|Barracuda||Starts the Barracuda Phone System in the normal (default) mode. This option is automatically selected if no other option is specified within the first three (3) seconds of the splash screen appearing.|
|Recovery||Displays the Recovery Console where you can select from the following options:|
|Hardware_Test||Performs a thorough memory test that shows most memory-related errors within a two-hour time period. The memory test is performed outside of the operating system and can take a long time to complete.|
Reboot your Barracuda Phone System to stop the hardware test by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del.