As previously announced, sales and renewals of Barracuda Phone System will cease on July 19, 2016 and support for the product will end June 30, 2019. We understand this raises a lot of questions and have done our best to assemble the list below to provide the answers.
- July 19, 2016 – Public announcement and End of Sale for Barracuda Phone System
- June 30, 2019 – End of Support for Barracuda Phone System
- Barracuda Phone System Forums
- Barracuda Campus for Barracuda Phone System
- Original Announcement
- Barracuda Phone System Message from Ken Grohe
- RingCentral Landing Page for Barracuda Phone System
Barracuda Networks Support
1) Why is Barracuda discontinuing Barracuda Phone System?
Over the past seven years Barracuda Phone System provided an easy to use VoIP PBX appliance designed with IT in mind. However, as the industry has shifted toward unified communications in the cloud, we made the difficult decision to discontinue our PBX appliance. For more information, please see the Barracuda Phone System Message from Ken Grohe.
2) When is the End of Sale date for Barracuda Phone System?
July 19, 2016 is the end of sale date for Barracuda Phone Systems. Barracuda will continue to offer technical support in accordance with end of life support processes for BPS until June 30, 2019.
3) Can I still renew my Energize or Instant Replacement subscription(s) after the End of Sale date of July 19, 2016?
If you have a subscription that expires prior to December 31, 2016, you will be allowed to pay for a one-time, 6-month renewal, but will no longer be able to purchase renewals thereafter. If your subscription expires after December 31, 2016, you will not be able to renew your subscriptions.
4) Can I still utilize my Barracuda Phone System after the end of the support date June 30, 2019?
Yes, the phone system will continue to function, but there will be no technical support available from Barracuda.
5) Is there an alternative option to Barracuda Phone System that Barracuda can recommend?
We are working with RingCentral, the leader in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications Worldwide, to provide an alternative for Barracuda Phone System customers. We’re working closely with RingCentral to offer discounted pricing and a utility for seamless migration. For more information on RingCentral for Barracuda Phone System customers, please visit www.ringcentral.com/bps2rc.
If RingCentral is not right for your business, please contact us for additional options.
6) What specifically is supported after the End of Sale Date?
We will continue to support Barracuda Phone System in accordance with end of life support processes which generally provides:
- System setup and configuration
- Troubleshooting telephony issues related to Barracuda Phone System
- Critical bug and/or security fixes
7) Can I return a Barracuda Phone System unit that I purchased within the last 30 days?
Yes, Barracuda Networks appliances can be returned within the 30 day evaluation period.
8) What if the Energize or Instant Replacement subscription(s) on my existing Barracuda Phone System unit(s) have a duration beyond the End of Support date of June 30, 2019?
If you have a subscription for Barracuda Phone System that expires after June 30, 2019, please contact us to discuss your options. You can reach us at email@example.com or by phone at 408-342-5300.