Applies to Barracuda Phone System, firmware version 2.0.02.x and above.
Groups can be configured to perform multiple tasks on the Barracuda Phone System including: multiple ring, admin roles, and recording policy/Outbound Caller-ID. Configuration for your group depends on how you will use it.
Groups are used for multiple purposes on the Barracuda Phone System:
- To ring multiple extensions with a common call
- To group extensions into certain categories (administrative roles, recording rules, outbound caller-ID)
- To provide a safe fall-back in case an extension is accidentally deleted
Creating a new Group:
- Navigate to Extensions > Groups and click on the button to Add new Group.
- Enter a recognizable name in the box Group Name.
- Select Extension(s) to use from the extension box:
- First Free Extension or Single Extension (you must enter the extension desired) can be used for setting policy for a group of users, or to ring all members of the group. The extension, in this case, can be changed later.
- New Block Extension (you must enter the block of extensions desired) or Existing Block Extension can perform the tasks selected above, but will also fail back to the group for any extension which is not assigned within this block. In most cases, you will not want to check the box Do Not Allow Adding Extensions Within This Block. When using this option without the do not add extension box checked, you can manually assign members of this group to extensions within the block, and if they are deleted from the system the caller will fail back to the group dial and ring all members. When using this option, the extension cannot be changed later.
Configuring Settings for the Group:
There are several options that can be configured within each group. You can access the groups setting page by navigating to Extensions > Groups and clicking on the name of the group you want to configure. These are the options which can be configured:
Rename: This option will change the name of the group displayed in the UI.
Change Primary Extension: This setting will change the primary extension of the group, and can only be used with single extensions.
Recording Policy: This option will set a default recording policy for the group.
- Click on the box labeled Record Calls to enable the policy.
- Enter the number of days to save the recording in the Retain For field.
- (Optional) enter an email address in the Send to Email text box If you would like each call's recording delivered to an email account.
- Click the box labeled Change Policy to apply the settings.
- Administrator - System-wide administrators, with the ability to view, create, modify, and delete any system objects or settings. (Added in 2.1)
- System Call Pickup - Users can perform a system call pickup, which answers the longest ringing call on the system. The call selection will be global. (Added in 2.6.002)
- Directed Call Pickup - Users can perform a directed call pickup to answer a call that is ringing another users extension. (Added in 2.6.002)
- Conference Manager - Users that can administer(create, edit, delete) conferences. (Added in 2.1)
- Monitor Calls - This role allows a group of users to view the Active/Recent Calls page, and monitor active calls. (Added in 2.1)
- Queue Managers - Users that can manage queues, agents, and members.
- Queue Viewer - Users that can only view queues, agents, and members. (Added in 2.1)
- Reports Manager - Allows users to create, view, modify and delete the reports on the reports screen. (Added in 2.1)
- View Call Detail Records - This role allows a group of users to view the Call Detail Records page, download the Call Detail Record csv file, and listen to the call recordings. (Added in 2.1)
- View Reports - Allows users to view the reports screen, but not modify any reports. (Added in 2.1)
- View Switchboard - Allows users to view the switchboard screen. (Added in 2.1)
Group Member Outgoing Caller-ID: This will set the outbound caller-ID number for group members with two exceptions:
- If the user has an external number assigned as a secondary extension, that number will be used.
- If the provider used has the checkbox Always use this caller-ID selected, this number will be used.
Note - You will still need to add a user to the group if their extension is within a block which designates the group.
Link to this page: