Applies to Barracuda Phone System, firmware version 2.x and above.
Call Queues are used to efficiently deliver calls to selected Call Agents. This is an effective way to handle incoming call volume for a specific task. The Barracuda Phone System has several simple options to help you customize the queues to your needs. Queues use a standard, systematic, approach to deliver calls in an efficient order using the following rules:
- Calls are organized in the Queue using a first in, first out method.
- Calls are delivered to Agents (users assigned to take calls) by ringing the longest idle agents first.
- When using multiple Queues with the same agents, the system can prioritize Queues for call delivery.
Creating a new Queue:
- Navigate to Extensions > Inbound Call Queues and click on the button to Add new Queue.
- Enter a recognizable name in the box Queue Name.
- Select the default Music on Hold Class
- Select Extension(s) to use from the extension box: Barracuda recommends using a single extension for queues.
- First Free Extension or Single Extension (you must enter the extension desired) can be used for setting policy for a group of users, or to ring all members of the group. The extension, in this case, can be changed later.
Configuring Settings for your Queue:
There are several options that can be configured within each Queue. You can access the groups setting page bay navigating to Extensions > Incoming Call Queues and clicking on the name of the queue which you want to configure. These are the options which can be configured:
This option will change the name of the Queue displayed in the UI.
Change Primary Extension:
This setting will change the primary extension of the Queue, and can only be used with single extensions.
This option will remove the Queue.
Add an Agent:
Music on Hold Class:
This will set which set of Music on Hold files will be played to the Caller while they are waiting.
Break in Announcement Frequency:
Break in Announcements:
This option will allow you to select the break in announcements from your uploaded sound files.
To add break in announcements:
- Click the link labeled Add an Anouncement.
- Select the desired announcement from the drop down lists (This is selected from your uploaded sound files).
- Click the link labeled Add Announcement located below the selection boxes.
Maximum Wait Time:
To set the maximum wait time:
- Enter the maximum number of seconds or minutes that the call should stay in the queue in the box labeled After, then press the Tab key to save.
- Select seconds or minutes from the drop down list
- Enter the extension to transfer the call to in the box labeled Transfer to, then press the Tab key to save.
Agents per Call:
This field will set how many Agents to ring simultaneously for each call. You can save by pressing the Tab key.
Ring Time per Agent:
Queue Monitor Capacity/Wait-time Warnings:
This section sets the warning/critical thresholds for the switchboard. When the number of calls in queue or call wait time reach the numbers indicated in these fields, the calls and the queues on the switchboard will change to the color indicated in the background of the respective alert level. Press the tab key to save.
Queue Name on Phone Display:
This section will allow you to assign secondary extensions and external numbers to the call queue.
Agent Access Extensions:
Link to this page: