All Barracuda Phone Systems, all firmware versions.
Note – Please remember that the Cisco 7900 series phones require TFTP access to boot. This protocol is not NAT friendly, and many firewalls do not properly handle routing for the protocol itself. These phones may be best configured on a local subnet.
Preparing the Barracuda Phone System
Due to Cisco's end User License requirements, we cannot ship the Barracuda Phone System with the Cisco 7900 series Firmware files already uploaded. We do, however, provide an easy way to upload these files. You can upload these files manually by following the steps below:
- Download and review the Technical Bulletin for Cisco Phone Owners to confirm which firmware is needed.
- In the Barracuda Phone System administrative UI click Configuration > Phones, scroll down to Cisco Firmware Download, then click on the link to Download directly from Cisco.You may need to enter your Cisco Login credentials to download the firmware.
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate firmware, please return to the Cisco Firmware Download section in the Barracuda Phone System UI, click the link to Browse, select the file in the browser window and click Upload to finish.
Preparing your DHCP server for the Cisco Phones.
Make sure your DHCP server has enough addresses available to support you phones.
Configure Option 66 on your DHCP server to deliver the IP Address of your Barracuda Phone System as a String Value.
- If your Cisco Phones are currently running the Cisco SCCP firmware instead of SIP, you will also need to set OPTION 150 to the IP Address of your Barracuda Phone System as a String Value.
Apply the settings on your DHCP server to ensure that the DHCP options are now being delivered. If you are unsure if the values are correct, please contact Support so that they can confirm the values for you.
Converting a Cisco 7900 seried phone running SCCP to SIP.
If your Cisco 7900 series phone is currently running the Cisco SCCP protocol version of its firmware, it will need to be converted to SIP in order to properly register to the Barracuda Phone System and place and receive calls.
Note – The most common symptom of a Cisco 7900 series phone running SCCP is a device which will show up as an unassigned phone but never register.
If necessary, please follow these instructions to convert the phone to use the SIP protocol:
Follow the instructions to upload the proper firmware version for your phone to the Barracuda Phone System.
- Follow the instructions to prepare your DHCP server to provide BOTH Option 66 and Option 150.
- Reboot the phone, and hold down the # symbol until the line indicators light in sequential order.
- Within 60 seconds, press the following keys in order: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #
- Confirm that the phone boots and registers to the Barracuda Phone System.
Please refer to the following solutions for instructions on assigning and configuring your phone:
Solution# 6046 - How do I Configure Provisioned Phones on the Barracuda Phone System on Firmware 2.5.005.060 and Earlier?
Solution# 6047 - How do I Configure Provisioned Phones on the Barracuda Phone System on Firmware 2.6 and Later?
Link to This Page: