All Barracuda Phone Systems, all firmware versions.
In order for your Barracuda Phone System to use your Bandtel account, you must add it as a SIP Provider, and you must use their DNS. You will need the the following information, which Bandtel should provide for you:
- Primary DNS Server - This is normally 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS Server - This is normally 22.214.171.124
- Proxy Server Address - This is normally proxy1.bandtel.com
- Phone Numbers (DIDs) being delivered.
Once you have this information, you can configure the connection in a few steps.
Setting the DNS Servers
Bandtel requires you to use their DNS servers with their accounts. You can accomplish this by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > Network and navigate to the section labeled DNS Settings
- Enter the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS Provided by Bandtel in their respective fields
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button labeled Apply Network Settings to save
Adding Bandtel provider account:
Navigate to Providers, and select Setup A New Account. Enter the following information in the entry box which appears:
- For provider, choose Generic SIP from the drop down list.
- Enter a name which you will recognize in the Name field.
- Enter the Server address in the field marked Host. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Realm.
- Leave the field named Port set to 5060.
- Enter your Username in the field named Username. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Authorization Username.
- Enter your Password in the field labeled Password.
- Enter the Primary Phone Number for this account (usually you main business number) in the field labeled Caller ID. This will be the fall-back Caller ID for outbound calls.
- Click the Box labeled Install.
Assigning DIDs (Phone Numbers)
You now need to assign your phone number to the account so that we can receive calls from Bandtel. You can accomplish this by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to Providers and click on the account you created in the previous steps
- Scroll down to the section labeled External Numbers and click on the Entry Box.
- Enter your assigned DIDs (phone numbers) in the box, separated by a comma or a return. The DIDs MUST be formatted as <area code><number>, for example 7345551212.
- Click the button labeled ADD to complete the entry process
Please reference Solution#00004845 for instructions on how to assign routes for inbound calls.
Assigning Dialing Rules:
Bandtel accounts require 10 digit DID delivery in order to place outbound calls. We can use existing outbound dialing rules for these accounts.
- Navigate to Providers, click on the account you created in the previous steps, and click the button labeled ADD Outbound Route.
- Select the route for 10 Digit Dialing and click the button labelled ADD.
- Repeat step 2 for Emergency (USA) if your trunk supports E911 (please check with Banstel to confirm this is enabled).
- Repeat Step 2 for 11 Digit Dialing and 7-Digit Dialing (Area Code XXX) If desired.
Link to this page: