Applies to Barracuda Phone Systems, firmware version 2.0 and above.
Group Paging sends a simultaneous one-way intercom call to all members of a selected group. Configuration for this function is straightforward and only requires a few steps.
In order to set up a group paging extension, you will need to select, or create, a group which contains all of the users which you want to page and note it's extension.
Please reference Solution#00004988 for information about creating groups.
Please note that the phone you are calling must support intercom auto-answer.
Please reference the Supported Phones Matrix for a list of tested phones.
Adding a Group Paging Extension:
- From the Barracuda Phone System UI, navigate to Extensions > Automated Attendants.
- Click the button labeled Add New... and select Advanced Call Router.
- Enter a recognizable name for your Group Paging Router and select either First Free Extension or Single Extension from the Extension drop down list.
- Click Add to finish.
Configuring Settings for the Group Paging Extension:
- From the Barracuda Phone System UI, Navigate to Extensions > Automated Attendants.
- Click on the name of the group paging router that you created.
- Scroll to the section labeled Default Action and delete the default action by clicking the link labeled Delete Action on the right side of the section.
- In the remaining drop-down list (underneath the text "If the call is not answered...") select Group Paging, and enter the extension of the desired Group.
Using the Group Paging Extension:
When you dial the Group Paging extension, the Barracuda Phone System will place a call directly to the intercom of each phone in the group. If a call recipient wants to grab the call, they can pick up one of the phones and dial *2 on the handset. This will bridge the call into a direct call with the caller.
Important Considerations for Group Paging:
It is important to remember that a group page places a direct call to each extension in the group and will use the bandwidth and resources of a normal phone call for each one of these extensions.
Barracuda networks STRONGLY recommends against assigning an external number to a Group Paging Router.
Link to this page: