This solution applies to the Snom M3 Model IP phones connecting to Barracuda Phone Systems.
In some cases, you may want to disable automatic provisioning and manually configure your phones to obtain their configuration from your Barracuda Phone System. The best way to accomplish this is from the phone itself.
- Requirements - Snom recommends using DHCP to provide the base station an IP address. Please refer to the M3 documentation for how to manually assign an IP address.
- The Barracuda Phone System currently only supports provisioning of one handset to each Gateway (M3 Base Station).
- Press the Volume Up button on the left side of the handset and note the IP address shown.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address from the handset into the address bar.
- Log in to the Phone's UI using the user name "admin" and password "admin".
- Click Advanced on the left menu, then scroll down to the section labeled Management Settings.
- In this section, set the Transfer Protocol to HTTP and enter <IP address
of BPS>/provision/ in the field labeled Configuration Address (example 10.0.0.10/provision/ ).
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the button labeled Save Changes. The phone should now reboot and provision.
Link to this page: