This solution applies to All Cisco SPA 8000 firmware versions being configured to work with the Barracuda Phone Systems.
Answer:The Cisco SPA 8000 is a complex device, but configuring it to work with the Barracuda Phone System can be done in a few steps.
The Following Basic configuration must be done on the device to ensure it communicates with the Barracuda Phone System correctly.
- Navigate to the IP address of the SPA 8000 with a web browser.
- Click on the link for Admin login, locate on the top right of the page, then click the link labeled Advanced.
- Click on Network on the top row, then Click on WAN Status on the Second Row.
- Please review and confirm that the network settings on the device are correct. We recommend configuring a static IP address for this device.
- Note - In spite of the name used, these are the LAN settings for the device
- RTP Packet Size - Change from 0.030 to 0.020
- Handle via Received - Select Yes
- Insert via Received - Select Yes
- Handle via rPort - Select Yes
- Insert via rPort - Select Yes
Once Basic configuration is complete, we can configure each of the lines on the SPA 8000.
From the Phone System:
- Navigate to Extensions > People, and select the desired user.
- Scroll down to the section of the properties page labeled Phones and click Add a Phone.
- Select Generic SIP Device and click the button labeled Add Phone.
- Click on the new Phone on the properties and select Phone Information.
- Click on the extension number on the left side of the window. These settings will be used for the next set of steps.
From the Cisco SPA 8000:
- Click on Voice located on the top row, then Click on L1.
- Enter the following data:
- Line enable - Yes
- Proxy IP - Enter the domain information provided by the Phone System in the previous section, using From LAN for your local network, or From WAN from outside your local network.
- Register - Yes
- Display Name - Extension name of user.
- User ID - Enter the User ID provided by the Phone System in the previous Section.
- Password - Enter the Password provided by the Phone System in the previous Section.
- Used Auth ID - Yes
- Auth ID - Enter the Auth ID provided by the Phone System in the previous Section.
- Dialplan - Paste the string (*xx *xxx 11 0 00 [2-9]xxxxxx 1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 **x. **x.*x. xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
Repeat the previous two sections for each other line that you wish to configure.
To complete setup, you will need to reboot the Cisco SPA 8000.
Link to this page: