This solution applies to The ALGO 8028 Doorphone when connecting to Barracuda Phone Systems.
Answer:The Algo 8028 SIP Doorphone is not provisioned by the Barracuda Phone System. It can, however, be configured to register to the Barracuda Phone System as a generic SIP device. This can be accomplished in a few steps.
From the BPS:
- Navigate to Extensions > People, and select the desired user. Barracuda recommends using the user Doorphone 1 (2, 3, 4...) and disabling voicemail.
- Scroll down to the section of the properties page labeled Phones and click Add a Phone.
- Select Generic SIP Device and click the button labeled Add Phone.
- Click on the new Phone on the properties and select Phone Information.
- Click on the extension number on the left side of the window.
From the SIP Device/Client:
- Enter the IP address of the Algo 8028 into your Web Browser. The default password is algo
- Enter the IP address of the of the BPS in the box labelled SIP Domain Proxy. Please be sure to include the :5065
- Enter the extension number in the box labelled Extension
- Enter the Authorization ID in the box Labelled Auth ID
- Enter the password in the box Labelled Password
- Enter the Extension which should be dialed when someone presses the door button in the box labelled Dialing Extension
Link to this page: