This solution applies to The Gigaset S675 IP Wireless DECT Phone when connecting to Barracuda Phone Systems.
Answer:The Gigaset S675 IP Wireless DECT Phone is not provisioned by the Barracuda Phone System. It can, however, be configured to register to the BPS as a generic SIP device. This can be accomplished in a few steps. This solution assumes that the Device has obtained an IP address or has one manually set, and that the Handset is already connected and registered to the base station.
From the Barracuda Phone System:
- Navigate to Extensions > People, and select the desired user. Barracuda recommends using the user Doorphone 1 (2, 3, 4...) and disabling voicemail.
- Scroll down to the section of the properties page labeled Phones and click Add a Phone.
- Select Generic SIP Device and click the button labeled Add Phone.
- Click on the new Phone on the properties and select Phone Information.
- Click on the extension number on the left side of the window.
From the SIP Device/Client:
- Enter the IP address of the S675 Base Station into your Web Browser. The IP address can be obtained by briefly pressing the Registration/Paging key on the base station.
- Enter the Phone system's PIN and click OK. Note - The default PIN is 0000
- Navigate to Settings > Telephony > Connections and select EDIT for the first unused line.
- Enter A name for the connection in the box labelled Connection Name or Numer.
- Enter the Domain (from LAN) IP address (or the Domain (Outside LAN) IP address for a remote phone) as shown on the BPS Phone Information screen in the fields labelled Domain, Proxy Server Address, and Registrar Server.
- Enter 5065 in the fields labeled Proxy Server Port and Registrar Server Port.
- If this device is connecting from a remote network only, select YES for Stun Enabled, and enter a stun server (Barracuda maintains a Stun server at stun.bitleap.net).
- Enter the Username from the BPS Phone Information screen in the field labeled Username.
- Enter the Auth Username from the BPS Phone Information screen in the field labeled Authentication Name.
- Enter the password in the box Labelled Authentication Password.
- Enter the Display Name (the name shown on the User account) in the field labelled Display Name.
- Select Set to save the changes.
Link to this page: