This solution applies to Cisco SPA 112 and 122 model Analog Telephony Adapters connecting to Barracuda Phone Systems.
In some cases, you may want to disable automatic provisioning, and manually configure your ATA to obtain their configuration from the Barracuda Phone System. The best way to accomplish this is from the Web UI, or using the resync command.
This procedure assumes that the device is connected to the network and a phone is connected to the unit:
From the Phone:
- Pick up the handset and dial **** then 110#.
- The adapter will announce the IP address for you.
From the Computer:
- Open a web browser, and navigate to the IP address for the SPA.
- Click on the Admin link on the top-right (the default login is admin with no password) , then click Advanced in the top right corner of the page.
- Under the Provisioning tab on the top, make sure Provision Enable is set to Yes.
- Enter the value http://<ip address of the BPS>/provision/cisco/$PN/$MA.xml in the field named Profile Rule, select HTTP for Transport Protocol, and then click the button labeled Submit All Changes.
- The SPA should now reboot and provision via the BPS.
Alternative Cisco SPA Resync Option:
An alternative method of setting the SPA series devices to provision from the Barracuda Phone System is to use the Cisco SPA resync URL. To use this option, copy and paste the link below into a web browser, replacing 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of the SPA and 127.0.0.2 with the IP address of the BPS. The device should automatically reboot and provision from the Barracuda Phone System.
IMPORTANT NOTE - A series of these devices were released with firmware version 1.0.1 Firmware on the device. This firmware version WILL NOT provision correctly. To resolve this issue, please upgrade to firmware 1.1.0_11 via the ATAs Web UI . The firmware is available at the following url:
Please refer to the following solutions for instructions on assigning and configuring your phone:
Solution# 6046 - How do I Configure Provisioned Phones on the Barracuda Phone System on Firmware 2.5.005.060 and Earlier?
Solution# 6047 - How do I Configure Provisioned Phones on the Barracuda Phone System on Firmware 2.6 and Later?
Link to this page: