All Barracuda Phone Systems, all firmware versions.
In order for your Barracuda Phone System to use your Bandwidth.com account, you must add it as a SIP Provider. You will need the the following information, which Bandwidth.com should provide for you:
- Primary server address
- Secondary server address
- Phone Numbers (DIDs) being delivered.
Once you have this information, you can configure the connection in a few steps.
Adding Axia provider accounts:
Navigate to Providers, and select Setup A New Account. Enter the following information in the entry box which appears:
- For provider, choose Generic SIP (CallerID in from generic) from the drop down list.
- Enter a name which you will recognize in the Name field (It is preferable to indicate Primary or Secondary as well).
- Enter the Primary Server address in the field marked Host. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Realm.
- Leave the field named Port set to 5060.
- Enter None in the field named Username. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Authorization Username.
- Enter None in the field labeled Password.
- Enter the Primary Phone Number for this account (usually you main business number) in the field labeled Caller ID. This will be the fall-back Caller ID for outbound calls, and should be entered as a 10-digit number.
- Make sure to Un-check the box labeled Requires Registration.
- Click the Box labeled Install.
Repeat the steps listed above with these changes:
- Enter a name which you will recognize as a Secondary in the Name field (It is preferable to indicate the same name with Secondary).
- Enter the Secondary Server address in the field marked Host. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Realm.
Assigning DIDs (Phone Numbers)
- Navigate to Providers and click on the primary Axia Provider account you created in the previous steps
- Scroll down to the section labeled External Numbers and click on the Entry Box.
- Enter your assigned DIDs (phone numbers) in the box, separated by a comma or a return. The DIDs MUST be formatted as <area code><number>, for example 7345551212.
- Click the button labeled ADD to complete the entry process
You now need to assign your phone number to the account so that we can receive calls from Bandwidth.com. You can accomplish this by completing the following steps:
Please reference Solution#00004845 for instructions on how to assign routes for inbound calls.
Defining Outbound Dialing Rules:
Most Bandwidth.com accounts require e164 dialing in order to place outbound calls. For these accounts, we will need to add two new outbound routes.
Navigate to Providers and click on Call routing.
Select Add a Route at the bottom left of the window.
For call type, select the field option labeled North America (NANPA), and Select The Primary Axia Provider for the destination.
- Select Add a Route at the bottom left of the window
For call type, select the field option labeled North America (NANPA), and Select The Secondary Axia Provider for the destination.
Repeat steps 1 through 5 for call types 7-digit Dialing (Area Code XXX), International Dialing (011), and Emergency Dialing (USA as needed.
Link to this page: