All Barracuda Phone Systems, all firmware versions.
In order for your Barracuda Phone System
to use your Next Level Internet VoIP trunk, you must add it as a SIP Provider.
You will need the the following information, which Next Level Internet should
provide for you:
- Proxy Server Address - This is normally nms.mynlv.com
- Phone Numbers (DIDs) being delivered.
Next Level internet will also request your public IP address for routing. Next level internet uses you IP address for authentication instead of credentials, for security purposes. Once you exchange this information, you can configure the connection in a few steps.Next level internet supports analog fax and inbound and outbound calling. There are two unsupported features when using next Level Internet Service:
T.38 Fax - Next Level Internet does not support T.38 faxing. Due to this, analog fax only will be used.
Diversion Headers - Next level Internet does not support Diversion headers. Due to this, you may need to force CallerID to your primary number at the provider level if you use call forwarding.
Adding Next Level Internet provider account:
Navigate to Providers, and select Setup A New Account. Enter the following information in the entry box which appears:
- For provider, choose Generic SIP (Caller ID in From) from the drop down list.
- Enter a name which you will recognize in the Name field.
- Enter the Server address in the field marked Host. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Realm.
- Leave the field named Port set to 5060.
- Enter your 10-digit Primary Phone number in the field named Username. This should auto-fill the same data in the field named Authorization Username.
- Enter your 10-digit Primary Phone number in the field labeled Password.
- Make sure the box labeled Requires Registration is Unchecked.
- Enter the Primary Phone Number for this account (usually your main business number) in the field labeled Caller ID. This will be the fall-back Caller ID for outbound calls.
- In the box labelled Codecs, select G.711 ulaw and G.711 alaw ONLY.
- Click the Box labeled Install.
Assigning DIDs (Phone Numbers)
You now need to assign your phone number to the
account so that we can receive calls from Next Level Internet. You can
accomplish this by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to Providers and click on the account you created in the previous steps
- Scroll down to the section labeled External Numbers and click on the Entry Box.
- Enter your assigned DIDs (phone numbers) in the box, separated by a comma or a return. The DIDs MUST be formatted as 1<area code><number>, for example 17345551212.
- Click the button labeled ADD to complete the entry process
Please reference Solution #00004845 for instructions on how to assign routes for inbound calls.
Note - Please remember that all inbound numbers are delivered as 11 digit. Please add all external numbers as 11 digit for proper matching.
Please reference Solution #00004848 for instructions on how to assign routes for inbound calls.
Note - The routes used for this provider are most commonly the ones listed below:
- North America (NANPA)
- 7 Digit Dialing (Area Coda xxx)
- Emergency (Optional, but important)
- International (Optional, if desired)
Link to this page: