The Barracuda SSL VPN Vx lets remote users access internal applications and files. For remote users, logging in requires only a web browser and Internet connection. The Barracuda SSL VPN Vx includes the following features:
- Administrative control over user access with the option of further securing resources with secondary authentication.
- Extra security layers, including the ability to reverse-proxy Exchange ActiveSync traffic to keep Windows servers safely inside the network perimeter. Integrated antivirus protection secures file uploads to keep malware out of the network.
Because the Barracuda SSL VPN is mostly used after office hours, it is suitable on a server hosting virtual machines that are used intensely during office hours but sit idle for the rest of the time. You can pair a Barracuda SSL VPN Vx with a hardware Barracuda SSL VPN appliance to create a high availability cluster. With a load balancer, you can create a configuration that uses the resources of the hardware Barracuda SSL VPN during the day when the hypervisor is under high load and then uses the virtual Barracuda SSL VPN to cover the peak load in the evening when employees log in from home.
Deploying your Barracuda SSL VPN Vx
Complete the following steps to deploy your Barracuda SSL VPN Vx:
- Deploy the Barracuda SSL VPN Vx image.
- Allocate the cores, RAM, and hard disk space for your Barracuda SSL VPN Vx.
- (VMware ESXi only) How to Configure VMware ESXi for the Barracuda SSL VPN