Policies are lists of users and groups with optional time and date restrictions. Users can only access a resource if their policy is attached to the resource. Every resource must have at least one policy attached.
When users log into the Barracuda SSL VPN, they can only view resources for which they meet the following policy criteria:
- They are listed in one or more of the policies that are attached to the resource.
- They are a member of a group listed in one or more of the policies that are attached to the resource.
- They are accessing the resource within the limits of the time and date restrictions that are set in the resource policies.
- Access method.
Create a policy
Configure a set of access policies to meet your remote access needs.
- Log into the SSL VPN web interface.
- In the upper right, verify that you have selected the correct user database.
- Go to the Manage System > ACCESS CONTROL > Policies page.
- In the Create Policy section, configure your policies. For each policy:
- Enter a name for the policy.
- Add the Accounts and Groups that must be members of the policy.The Accounts that you add appear in the Selected Accounts section, and the Groups that you add appear in the Selected Groups section.
- Click Add to create the policy. The policy appears in the Policies section.
Edit a policy
To change the membership and network access settings for a policy, go to the Manage System > ACCESS CONTROL > Policies page and click Edit next to the policy name.
To change the rights associated with a policy, go to the Manage System > ACCESS CONTROL > Access Rights page. For more information, see Access Rights.