Messaging allows the user to send messages either to an individual or groups.
Create a message
To create and send a message within the Barracuda SSL VPN,
- Log into the SSL VPN web interface.
- Go to the Advanced > Messaging page.
- Verify that you have selected the correct user database on the top right of the page.
- From the User Database drop down list, select the database where the users are located, or select Global View to list all users.
- In the Subject field, enter the subject for the message.
From the Delivery Method drop down list, select the delivery method to use:
- First – Send the message via the first available delivery method. This option is useful if the messaging configuration is frequently altered or the recipients do not mind how they are contacted.
- All – Send the message via all available delivery methods. This guarantees that individuals will always receive a message in some way, but it means that the recipients may get multiple copies of the message.
- Agent – Send the message via the SSL VPN Agent to only those recipients who are currently running the SSL VPN Agent. This is useful if, for example, you want to warn that you are shutting down the service for maintenance.
- Email – Send the message via email.
- SMS over Email – Send the message to mobile phones using the SMS gateway service.
- If the message should be treated as urgent, select Urgent to place it at the front of the message queue.
- If the message should be treated as secure, select Secure, to not display the message contents within the Audit Log or Reports.
- Enter your message in the Content field.
- Select one or more Accounts, Groups or Policies to which the message will be sent.
- Click Send to save this entry.
An entry for this message will be displayed in the Messages section below. By default, all available messages are listed in alphabetical order. To display only the messages that begin with certain characters, enter the desired text in the area on the left, and click Apply Filter.