Application resources are shortcuts to predefined application definitions and the necessary complementary configuration settings. When the user clicks the application resource the application is started with the settings provided by the administrator. Follow these steps to create an application resource.
Step 1. Create an application resource
- Log in to the SSL VPN Web interface.
- Go to the RESOURCES > Applications page.
Verify that you have selected the correct user database on the top right of the page.
- In the Create Application section, enter a Name. E.g.,
- Select the application definition from the Application list. You may need to click the application category to see the entry in the list. E.g.,
Citrix Published Applications
- Enter the required configuration settings. E.g., hostname for the Citrix server
- In the Available Policies section, select the policies that you want to apply to the application and click Add.
- Click Add to create the application.
The new application resource is created and displayed in the Applications section.
Step 2. (optional) Edit advanced settings for the application resource
In the Applications section click the Edit link next to the application to configure additional options.
Step 3. Launch the application
- In the Applications section, click the Launch next to the application to test it.
- When you are ready to make the application available to your users, click the Edit link associated with the resource in the Applications section.
Select the resource categories that you want to apply to the application in the Resource Categories section, and then click Add.
- Click Save.