You can launch the client portion of the Network Connector remotely in one of two ways:
- By signing into the Web interface of the Barracuda SSL VPN and launching the Network Connector.
- By running the Network Connector in stand-alone mode.
For both launch options, you must have the Windows client installed on your remote system.
Step 1. Install the Windows client
If you are the administrator you can download the Windows client software from the SSL VPN web interface:
- Log into the Administrative Interfaces.
- Open the RESOURCES > My Network Connector page.
- Click Download Windows Client. You will be prompted to either Run or Save the installer.
- Launch the installer once the installation package downloads, and select all default settings as you continue through the installation. If you see warnings about any compatibility issues during the install, click Continue Anyway.
Once installed, the Network Connector is ready for use on the remote system as long as you are logged in through the web interface of the Barracuda SSL VPN.
Step 2. (optional) Install the client configuration file
To run the Network Connector in stand-alone mode, without having to log in through the web interface, you must download and install a client configuration file onto the remote system.
To install the client configuration file on your system:
- Log in to SSL VPN web interface.
- Go to the RESOURCES > My Network Connector page.
Locate the client configuration in the My Network Connector section and click More.
Select Install Client Configuration file.
Step 3. Launch the Network Connector client
Once the client configuration file is installed, launch the Network Connector client in stand-alone mode:
- Start the Network Connector GUI program. A red network icon will appear in your System Tray.
- Right-click on that icon and select Connect.
- Enter your authentication information, and click OK.
- The icon will flash while attempting to establish a connection, and will turn green when a secure connection to the protected network is in place and ready for use.