The Device Configuration feature allows you to provision resources and other settings configured on the Barracuda SSL VPN directly on a user's device. When logged in, the user will see resources and settings on their RESOURCES > Device Configuration page, depending on what resources you make available to them and the operating system of the device. There they can select the resources to be provisioned and where they should be located on the device, for example, in a folder on the Desktop.
Before you begin
For the user to be able to see the RESOURCES > Device Configuration page, the following conditions must be met:
- The user must have the access right Personal Access Right / Device Configuration View.
- There must be a accessible resource on the client to be provisioned.
- For the items: client certificates, Exchange ActiveSync settings, and LDAP settings, the corresponding option on the RESOURCES > Configuration page must be set to allow the provisioning.
Grant access to users
Follow these instructions to grant users the access right Personal Access Right / Device Configuration View:
- Log into the SSL VPN web interface.
- Verify that you have selected the correct user database on the top right of the page.
- Go to the ACCESS CONTROL > Access Rights page.
- In the Create Access Right section, select the relevant database from the User Database drop-down list.
- Select Personal Right.
- Enter a descriptive Name for this access right.
- In the Available Rights list, select Device Configuration View and click Add >>.
- In the Available Policies list, select the policies for which provisioning should be enabled and click Add.
- Click Add.
On the RESOURCES > Configuration page, in the Device Configuration section, you can configure whether the non-resource items (certificate, exchange, LDAP) can be provisioned.
This table shows the types of items that can be provisioned to Windows devices.