Any user account that is granted the Access Right Remote Assistance Create, will have the ability to access their own My Remote Assistance page where they can create, modify and submit their own remote assistance requests. (For information on how to configure Access Rights, see Access Rights.)
To create a remote assistance request, complete the following steps:
Step 1. Create a remote assistance request
- Log into the Administrative Interfaces.
- Open the RESOURCES > My Remote Assistance page.
- In the Name field, enter a brief summary for your request.
- Add a detailed description of the problem and any additional notes concerning this request.
- Enter your email address and phone number (optional).
- Click Add.
The request is added to the My Remote Assistance Requests section.
Step 2. Launch the remote assistance request
As soon as the helpdesk administrator has contacted you and requests access to your system,
- Click on your remote assistance request to launch the session.
- Once the assistance session has started, you can communicate with the assistant. Click the Chat icon on the bottom of the screen to view and send messages.
When the session is closed, the request will be deleted from the list.