The Barracuda SSL VPN offers the option to revert the firmware to the factory installed version. For virtual appliances this is done on the Firmware Update page. For instructions on how to revert the Barracuda SSL VPN Vx to a previous version, see Update Firmware. To recover a Barracuda SSL VPN hardware appliance, you can use the Recovery Console with one of the following recovery options:
- Barracuda Repair – Retains your settings and data during system recovery.
- Full Barracuda Repair – Resets the Barracuda SSL VPN to factory default settings. With this option, all your settings and data will be lost. If you are unsure of which recovery option to use, first run the Barracuda Repair. If problems persist, run a Full Barracuda Repair.
Before you begin
Before you recover the Barracuda SSL VPN, ensure that you have physical access to the system. You must also have the following equipment:
- Monitor with a VGA cable
- USB keyboard
Recover the Barracuda SSL VPN
- Ensure that the Barracuda SSL VPN is turned off and the ports in the back of the appliance are accessible.
- Connect the monitor to the VGA port.
- Connect the keyboard to one of the USB ports.
- Turn on the Barracuda SSL VPN by plugging the power cord in.
- When the bootloader menu displays, use your keyboard to select Recovery. After two to three minutes, the system boots into the Recovery Console menu:
BARRACUDA NETWORKS RECOVERY CONSOLE
Please make a selection
(1) Barracuda Repair (no data loss)
(2) Full Barracuda Recovery (all data lost)
(3) Enable remote administration (reverse tunnel)
(4) Diagnostic memory test
- Select a recovery option:
- If you want to retain all of your data and settings during the repair, enter 1 to select the Barracuda Repair (no data loss) option.
- If you want to restore the Barracuda SSL VPN with the default factory settings, enter 2 to select the Full Barracuda Recovery (all data lost) option. With this option, you will lose all of your current data and settings. When you are prompted by the on-screen instructions, confirm that you want to continue with the recovery.
- After you receive the message stating that the recovery process is complete, enter 5 to exit the Recovery Console. The Barracuda SSL VPN then reboots.
If problems persist after the reboot, please contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for further assistance.