This solution applies to Barracuda SSL VPNs, all firmware versions.
Outlook Web Access (OWA) can be configured to use Form-based Authentication. When this mode is activated, the user must login to OWA through a HTML form rather than through integrated HTTP authentication.
Barracuda SSL VPN can be configured to automatically log the user into this form. The following steps describe how to configure an OWA web forward for Forms based authentication. This assumes you are using an Active Directory user database for Barracuda SSL VPN authentication.
- Go to Resources > Web Forwards, select the Custom Web Forward Category and the Path Based Reverse Proxy option.
- Enter a name and set the Destination URL field to https://mail.example.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll, where mail.example.com is the hostname of your OWA server.
- Set the policies which will be allowed to access this resource, then click Add.
- Edit the new resource and add the following extra path:
- In the authentication section, select Form Based for the Authentication Type and POST as the Form Type.
Add the following entries to the Form Parameters field:
Important Note: Replace sslvpn.example.com with the fully qualified domain name of your Barracuda SSL VPN server. Once the user has authenticated, their browser will be redirected to this location. It is important that the user uses this URL to access Barracuda SSL VPN otherwise errors may occur. Similarly, the DOMAIN value in the username parameter should be changed to the NetBIOS name of your Active Directory domain.
- Save the resource.
Link to This Page: