This solution applies to SSL-Explorer release 0.2.8 or later and all Barracuda SSL VPN firmware versions.
Many legacy SSL-Explorer customers will want to continue using their existing SSL certificates when they purchase the new Barracuda SSLVPN appliance. This guide explains how to transfer SSL certificates from Legacy SSL-Explorer to the Barracuda SSLVPN appliance.
- Log in to SSL-Explorer using the super user account and then
navigate to the SSL Certificates page.
- The SSL Certificates page shows all certificates
installed on the server. Look for an entry called server-certificate. To the
right of this you should see an icon in the shape of a key or ribbon, depending
on the version of SSL-Explorer. Click the icon and you will be prompted to
enter a passphrase/password for the private key of the certificate. The
passphrase/password can be anything but we normally recommend 'sslvpn'.
- Upon entering a passphrase/password a ‘.p12’ file will be
downloaded by your web browser. The ‘.p12’ file contains the signed certificate
as well as the associated private key, and will be the file we will upload to
the Barracuda appliance. Make sure the file has an extension of ‘.pfx’, and if
not, change the file name to such.
- Log in to the Barracuda appliance interface (port 8000) and
navigate to the SSL Certificates page under the Basic tab.
- In the Upload Signed Certificate field click Browse to select
the downloaded ‘.p12’ file. In the Certificate Password field enter the
passphrase/password we gave the file in step 2 and then click the Upload Certificate
- The certificate should upload correctly, and we now set the certificate type pull-down menu at the top of the SSL Certificates page to Trusted.
If an error is received at any point during the above process or the SSL certificate does not validate by your web browser, please call Barracuda Networks Technical Support for assistance.
Link to this page: