This solution applies to all Barracuda SSL VPNs, all firmware versions.
Perform the following steps to import an SSL certificate from Globalsign into a Barracuda SSL VPN.
- From the appliance web interface, navigate to Basic > SSL Certificate and fill in the required fields for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) under the Certificate Generation header. Once the CSR is generated, submit this to Globalsign.
- You will also need to download the private key by clicking on Download next to Download Private Key.
- Submit the CSR and private key to Globalsign.
- After submitting, you will receive a server certificate and intermediate certificate.
Download the Globalsign root certificate at
- Open a text editor such as Notepad, and open the server, intermediate and root certificates.
- Copy and paste those contents in one new file. You have to paste them in order as server certificate, intermediate certificate, then root certificate. Do NOT insert any line breaks between the certificates.
- Save this file.
- In Trusted Certificate > Upload Signed Certificate, Browse to the file you created at in Step 7.
- Enter sslvpn for the Certificate Password.
- In Upload Private Key, browse to the private key that was downloaded earlier.
- Click Upload Certificate and Key. Now you can change the certificate type in the SSL Certificate Configuration section to Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA).
- Once this has been done, click the Synchronize button at the bottom of the page to synchronize this certificate with the SSL VPN interface on port 443.
Link to this page: