This solution applies to Barracuda SSL VPN 2.0 firmware and is included in Barracuda SSL VPN models 380 and above.
There are five Access Rights associated to Remote Assistance. These are all Resource Rights and so are located in the Resource Rights section of the Access Rights creation.
- Remote Assistance Personal – Provides the rights to create, edit, and delete assistance requests for the user themselves and requests made for them. Provides access to the Remote Assistance page on the User Console
- Remote Assistance Create – Allows creation of Assistance Requests for other users.
- Remote Assistance Edit – Allows editing of the details of an Assistance Request that has been submitted, such as the Assistant assigned to this request, and the scheduled time and status of the Request.
- Remote Assistance Delete – Allows closing of any Assistance Requests that are still open.
- Remote Assistance View – Allows the user to access the Remote Assistance Administration page, access to the page will automatically make the user an assistant.
To grant the ability to create, view and close personal Assistance Requests [User level access], the Remote Assistance Personal Access Right must be assigned to a user or group through a Policy. This provides the rights to create, edit, and delete assistance requests for the user themselves and requests made for them.
To grant an individual the ability to manage all assistance requests [Assistant level access], the Remote Assistance View Access Right must be assigned to a user or group through a Policy. This allows the user to access the Remote Assistance Administration page and perform the role of an Assistant. Additional options that can be assigned are Create, Edit, and Delete.
Link to this page: