This solution applies to all Barracuda SSL VPN.
The SSL VPN has two Syslog options, one for the Appliance and one for the SSL VPN service. The Appliance syslog only monitors the appliance side activity (Apache web server, etc.) whereas the SSL VPN syslog only monitors the SSL VPN service's activity.
The Syslog tracks the SSL VPN activity by monitoring the Audit Logs that are produced. With access to these, the Syslog is able to monitor everything that happens on the SSL VPN.
To configure Syslogging for the SSL VPN service, follow these instructions.
- Log in to the SSL VPN as the ssladmin
- Navigate to ADVANCED > Syslog
- Set the Use UDP option as required
- In Syslog Host enter the hostname or IP address of the syslog server
- To specify a port, simply add it in the format of the host entry (FQDN/IPv4 or IPv6 formats).
The syslog server must be configured to accept remote requests before any logging will be collected.
Link to this page: