This solution applies to all Barracuda SSL VPN firmware 1.7.2.010 and newer.
Configure OU Filters:
The OU Filters should be used to specify the Organizational Units (OUs) that you want to be included or excluded in the group/user cache that gets imported into the Barracuda SSL VPN.
You can use this feature to limit how many users or groups that you want the SSL VPN to cache for logon purposes.
- Navigate to Access Control > User Databases > Edit database.
- Go to the OU Filter section for a list of the Available OUs. Here you can Include and Exclude OUs.
- Include the OU where the Security Group lives.
- Exclude the rest if needed.
- Save Changes.
- Verify this has synced up correctly by going to Access Control > Accounts and make sure all Users are there.
- Go to the Access Control > Groups and verify that the Security Group VPN is there.
- Click Edit and confirm that you can see the users in the Security Group.
- Create a Policy under Access
- Label it something relevant and include the
Security Group VPN for this Policy. By doing this, we can basically
eliminate the "Everyone" Policy.
You now have a VPN Policy.
- Go to Access Control > Authentication Schemes > Edit.
- Edit the existing Password scheme (assuming you don't have any other Auth scheme as primary).
- Remove the "Everyone"
- Add the new VPN Policy and Save.
Link to this page: