This solution applies to Barracuda SSL VPN models, all firmware versions.
For details on Form Authentication using Outlook Web Access 2007, please see Solution #3834.
Outlook Web Access 2010 (OWA) can be configured to use Form-based Authentication. When this mode is activated, the user must login to OWA through a HTML form rather than through integrated HTTP authentication.
The Barracuda SSL VPN can be configured to automatically log the user into the system using this form. The following steps describe how to configure an OWA web forward for Form-based authentication.
This assumes you are using an Active Directory user database for Barracuda SSL VPN authentication.
- Go to Resources > Web Forwards, select the Custom Web Forward Category and the Path Based Reverse Proxy option
- Enter a name and set the Destination URL field to https://mail.example.com/owa/auth/owaauth.dll, where mail.example.com is the hostname of your OWA server. The Paths field will automatically add /owa. If you want public folders to work then also manually add /ecp to the Paths field.
- Set the Virtually Hosted option to Yes.
- Set the policies which will be allowed to access this resource, then click Add.
- In the authentication section, select Form Based for the Authentication Type and POST as the Form Type.
- Add the following entries to the Form Parameters field:
Important Note: Replace mail.example.com with the fully qualified domain name of your Microsoft Exchange server. Once the user has authenticated, their browser will be redirected to this location. Similarly, the DOMAIN value in the username parameter should be changed to the NetBIOS name of your Active Directory domain.
Save the resource.
Link to This Page: