This course is designed to provide an instructor-led, immersive classroom approach for participants who want to become proficient in the foundational use of Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service. The course will feature an expansion of the material covered in the on-demand videos from the Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service Foundation and Advanced Tracks, as well as hands-on lab exercises to put the foundational content in real-worldcontext for all participants.
- Introducing the Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- Deployment Environments
- Additional Services
- On-premises Deployment
- Hardware Sizing
- Virtual Sizing
- Reverse Proxy Mode
- Bridging Mode
- Basic Configuration Tasks
- Web Interface
- Updating the WAF
- Login and IP Configuration
- Secure Administration
- Logging, Monitoring, Reporting
- Status Monitoring
- Security Policies
- Security Models
- Web Application Firewall Modes
- Security Policies
- Bot mitigation Policy Overview and Web scraping
- Virus and Data Theft Prevention
- Brute Force Prevention
- Credential Stuffing & Spraying
- Privileged Account Protection
- Referrer Spam Mitigation
- Comment Spam Mitigation
- Active Threat Intelligence Dashboard for Advanced
- Bot Protection
- Introduction to Advanced Security Features
- Allow Deny Rules
- Website Profiles
- DDOS Protection
- Introduction to security Tuning Tools
- Tuning Security Rules
- Mitigating Web Vulnerabilities
This course is designed to provide an instructor-led, immersive classroom approach for participants who want to become proficient in the foundational use of Barracuda Web Application Firewall. The course will feature an expansion of the material covered in the on-demand videos from the Barracuda Web Application Firewall Foundation Track series, as well as hands-on lab exercises to put the foundational content in real-world context for all participants.
- Available in-person or remote.
- Knowledge of network layer protocols and technologies.
- Knowledge of the most common application layer protocols and application services.
- Knowledge of web application technologies and OWASP Top 10 attacks.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as HTML, Java, or SQL is a plus
Please contact your Barracuda Networks Sales Representative for pricing information.
This class contains hands-on labs accessible via the Internet. To access the labs, make sure that your client PC is equipped with an RDP client (i.e., Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection) and is allowed to establish outgoing connections on TCP port TCP port 33800 – 33801.