In this article:
Set Up Your Service
- Go to https://login.barracudanetworks.com/ and create a Barracuda Cloud Control account, or sign in if you already have an account.
- Select Barracuda Web Security Service.
- Enter the Serial Number and Linking Code you received via email.
- Note the Service Host URL that appears on the SUPPORT tab. You must enter this URL later to forward traffic to Barracuda Web Security Service.
Select a Deployment Option
Use one or more of the following deployment options to forward traffic to the Barracuda Web Security Service:
- Direct to the Barracuda Web Security Service: Directly proxy your web traffic using web browser proxy settings, or transparently forward traffic from any network firewall or proxy that supports forwarding to an upstream proxy. Begin with Proxy web traffic directly to the Barracuda Web Security Service below.
- Barracuda Web Security Agent (WSA): Protect remote and mobile users by routing all web traffic from Windows or Mac laptops or desktops through the Barracuda Web Security Service. The Barracuda WSA can optionally be installed silently so it is undetected by the end user. Begin with Using the Barracuda WSA with the Barracuda Web Security Service.
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway (WSG): Enforce policies locally or forward web traffic to the Barracuda Web Security Service for enforcement using the Barracuda Web Security Gateway hardware appliance. This option can provide on-network security, caching, application blocking, and integration with directory services like LDAP/AD, NTLM and Kerberos. Begin with Barracuda Web Security Gateway Deployment Configurations.
Proxy web traffic directly to the Barracuda Web Security Service
To enforce web browsing rules you create in the Barracuda Web Security Service, you must route end user traffic through the service. To proxy traffic directly to the Barracuda Web Security Service, you must configure your client browser proxy settings to point to the service. A simple way is to configure your web browser connection settings for an upstream HTTP proxy on port 8080. Use the Service Host URL you noted in step #4 of the Set Up Your Service section above.
Next, create an Authentication Key based on your external IP address. Important: You must use a static external IP address.
Log into the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager.
Go to CONFIGURATION > Key Management, and click Add New Key.
Type a Name for the authentication entry.
Select the IP Address option; enter the static IP Address. Then click Save Changes.
Continue with Step 2: Configuring Web Traffic.