Use the Barracuda Networks Directory Sync tool to send the AD Groups on your local network to your Barracuda Web Security Service. Install it on a Windows machine that has network connectivity to the AD systems. You can do a one time SSL encrypted transfer of one or many AD domains. Subsequent uses of the tool overwrite previous ones. Usernames should be unique across domains.
Download and Install the Directory Sync .exe
To use the tool, first go to the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager SUPPORT tab and download the Directory Sync Installer (exe).
Now install and launch the Directory Sync tool:
- Run the installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Click Install, and wait while InstallShield installs the files.
- Click Finish.
- To launch the tool, click Start > All Programs > Barracuda > Directory Sync > Directory Sync.
Configure the Authentication Key and URLWhen you run the Directory Sync, the Settings window will appear automatically with new installations. You can also open settings under “File > Settings”.
- Log into the Barracuda Web Security Service admin portal (web interface)
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Key Management. Click an existing key or Add New Key.
- Copy the key.
- Paste the key into the Auth Key section of the Directory Sync Settings window.
- Use the default setting for Sync URL (do not modify). Click OK.
Add a Directory Sync Profile
If you create multiple profiles for multiple domains, they will be combined and uploaded as if they are a single domain. To add a directory profile:
- Click New.
- To add information about the profile, complete the following fields:
Domain/Host—Name of the domain and host you want to import data from.
Description—Intuitive description of the domain.
User Name—Name of a user with sufficient privileges to query the LDAP server.
Password—Password for the User Name account.
Base DN—Domain name of the node closest to the root that includes the data you want to import. You can specify multiple base DNs, separating them with the | character.
Filter—string that specifies how to examine each entry.
- Click Test if you want to test the connection before you send the data to the Barracuda Web Security Service.
A successful configuration will query the Active Directory and provide a list within the results window. The results will display Username on the left and the full DN of each of the groups the user is in on the right.
- Click OK.
You can synchronize data manually, or use Windows Task Scheduler to set up automatic synchronization.
- To send the data to the Barracuda Web Security Service manually, select Sync All
- To set up automated synchronization for a profile using Windows Task Scheduler, use the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Barracuda\Directory Sync\Directory Sync.exe” SYNC
You can verify a sync was successful using the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager:
- Go to CONFIGURATION > Group Management.
- Click on Network Directory Sync to see the Last Successful directory sync and the number of users and groups synchronized.