You can create a self-extracting zip file to automatically install the Barracuda Web Security Agent but there are some prerequisites:
- You will need to have downloaded the BarracudaWSASetup.exe from the Support tab in the manager interface (login.barracuda.com).
- You will need to have created a batch file to run the BarracudaWSASetup.exe file with all preferred switches (switches are optional).
will need to download the Zip 2 Secure Exe application from here:
http://www.chilkatsoft.com/chilkatsfx.asp to create the self-extracting EXE file.
Once that is done, you can proceed with creating the zip:
- You will need to create a zip file that contains both the BarracudaWSA.exe and the setup.bat file that you created.
- Open the Zip 2 Secure EXE Application.
- Browse to the zip file in the field that says Create self-extracting EXE from.
- Type in the batch file name they created (i.e. setup.bat) in the field that says Run this “setup” program after unzipping.
- Click the Auto-select TEMP directory for unzipping option.
- Deselect all options at the bottom of the screen:
- Show Main Dialog
- Show Progress Dialog
- Show Finish Notifier
This should create a setup.exe file that has an icon that looks similar to a zip file. Once you click on it, it should extract the BarracudaWSA.exe and their batch file (i.e. setup.bat) and then auto-run the batch file specified when creating the self-extracting EXE file.
Link to This Page: