Applies to Barracuda Web Security Agent.
You can use the BarracudaWSASetup.msi file with a mst
transform file to install the Web Security Agent and include the various
switches. To do this first create your mst file. You will need to
download the Microsoft Orca Application (http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html).
1. Open the Orca application.
2. Select File > Open and then navigate to the BarracudaWSASetup.msi file.
3. Select Transform > New Transform.
4. Select Property under the Tables column on the left hand site
5. Scroll to the bottom of the right hand window pane and do a right click and choose Add Row.
6. For the Property column enter in the specific Barracuda WSA switch (i.e. SERVICE_URL). **A list of available switches are included in the PWSS Admin Guide. All switches are optional.**
7. For the Value column enter in the corresponding value for that Property (i.e. for SERVICE_URL a valid value would be 'ple1.proxy.purewire.com').
8. Continue to add additional rows for each additional switch you would like to include.
9. Click OK.
> Generate Transform and save the file as an mst file.
This will give you result in a MST file and you can use it in an installation command like the following:
msiexec /quiet /i BarracudaWSASetup.msi TRANSFORMS=mysettings.mst /L*V "C:\setup.log"
The transform file can also be used with a GPO to deploy WSA via the msi file.
In 64bit Windows installations (Vista and Windows 7) you have to run the Command Prompt as 'Administrator' in order for this command to successfully complete. To do this, right-click on the command line icon and choose Run as Administrator from the menu.
All switches are optional but the following should be included as a minimum for internet access to be available post install. If not they will need to be manually configured on the individual client(s) before the end user will be available to use the internet:
Link to this page: